Music is a force that motivates and connects people, and DJ Know1 has been doing just that for more than 20 years. He rose from Director of Urban Music at WKSR (Kent State University) to opening for The Roots, The Foreign Exchange and DJ Spinna. Know1 has held down residencies in Cleveland, Columbus, and New York City. His "Legacy of J Dilla" mix cd was a best seller at the legendary Fat Beats Records (NYC) in 2006, and his "Best of Boot Camp Clik" mix cd was featured in The Source Magazine in February 2007. Know1 was also host of "Fat Beats Live" on EastVillageRadio.com from 2008-2011.
As an active New York City DJ from 2006-2012, Know1's sound is heavily rhythmic, diverse and international. An evening might include everything from Fela Kuti to Blondie to Louie Vega, all seamlessly woven together in a way that excites and satisfies!
Know1 has successfully hosted events for everyone from Columbia University, to the Real Estate Board of New York, and has rocked everywhere from The Grog Shop to Touch Supper Club. He has also played numerous weddings, teen gatherings, and events in the non-profit sector.
Whether you're looking for a new musical experience or the classics you know and love, DJ Know1 has the skill, range, and passion to exceed expectations for your next event!
01. Years DJing: 22
02. Preferred DJ Set Up: 1200’s & Rane 62
03. First Record: (purchased?) IJUSWANNACHILL (Large Professor)
04. Favorite Genres To Spin: Garage, Afro Beat, Soulful House
& Classic Hip Hop
05. #1 Dance Floor Filler: Forget Me Nots (Patrice Rushen)
06. Guilty Pleasure(s): Hold On, We’re Going Home (Drake)
07. Slow Jam: I’m Glad You’re Mine (Al Green)
08. Best Song: I Want To Thank You (Alicia Myers)
09. Favorite Venue to DJ: Grog Shop
10. Do Not Play: Sweet Caroline