Jimmy Boehnlein, aka Jimmy Beats, has been a club and special event DJ for 9 years. His love of house music and hip hop fuels his high energy sets and his musical knowledge makes genre jumping and reading dance floors extremely easy. From swanky restaurants to fun weddings, Jimmy has played everywhere in town and is a sure shot if your goal is to get your guests dancing.
1. Years DJing: 9
2. Preferred setup: Club application- 2 Pioneer CDJ-2000 NXS2 & DJM-900 NXS2 mixer. Mobile application- Pioneer DDJ-1000 & MacBook Pro.
3. First Record: Public Enemy “Takes a nation of millions to hold us back”
4. Favorite genre to spin: Late 80’s/Early 90’s HipHop and all varieties of House Music but the best nights are the ones where you get into every genre and it all sounds like it was meant to be played together.
5. #1 dance floor filler: Every dance floor is really different but a go-to is always Chaka Demus & Pliers “Murder she wrote”
6. Guilty pleasure(s): ‘06-10 “EDM”...
Dirty South & Thomas Gold “Eyes wide open”
Swedish House Mafia “Save the world”
Adrian Lux “Teenage Crime (Axwell remix)
7. Slow jam: John Legend “All of me”
8. Best Song: Mark Morrison “Return of the Mack”
9. Favorite venue to play: FWD & House of Blues
10. Do not play: Country